Social Services Division
Social Services Division,
Economic Planning Unit,
Prime Minister's Department,
Level 3, Setia Perdana 6, Setia Perdana Complex,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
Te. No. : 03-88725574
Fax : 03-88883689
- Formulating policies and strategies to ensure the optimum utilisation of resources for the health, housing, local government services, women, family and community development, national unity and youth and sports development.
- Provide sectoral planning framework for the medium and long term period in line with Vision 2020.
- Analyse as well as study issues related to the above sectors.
- Analyse and approve the five year development expenditure through Rolling Plan for development projects and programmes and to assess the achievements and progress of each project and programme.
- Plan the development of health, housing, local government services, women, family and community development, national unity and youth and sports development.
- Prepare input for the Five Year Malaysia Plan, Mid Term Review and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Evaluate, coordinate and approve development expenditure for programmes and projects under the above sectors through Rolling Plan in line with the Five Year Malaysia Plan.
- Study, process and approve Notice of Change application for projects/programmes that has been approved.
- Conduct Budget Examination for development expenditure annually for projects and programmes that has been approved in the Five Year Malaysia Plan.
- Prepare reviews and feedback on Cabinet Memorandum, decisions of Cabinet/ Minister/Economic Council and all applications/study related to the Section field of work.
We promise to implement the responsibilities entrusted to us with full dedication through excellent work culture and professional in providing services to clients as follows:
- Plan the development of social services sector with proactive, professional and effective;
- Prepare Long Term Planning Framework, Five Year Development Plan and Rolling Plan according to schedule with professional, efficient, quality and effective;
- Evaluate, coordinate and recommend development allocation for programmes and projects under social services sector in accordance with Five (five) Year Development Plan document preparation schedule and Rolling Plan for Five (five) Year Development Plan;
- Evaluate, process and recommend change of project scope, creation of new projects and prepare notice of Change relating to variation of allocation ceiling within 2 (two) weeks after receiving full information from Ministry/Agencies;
- Assist Finance Ministry in annual development budget examination for programmes and projects that have been approved according to schedule under Five (five) Year Development Plan and Rolling Plan for Five (five) Year Development Plan;
- Prepare reviews on Cabinet Memorandum within 2 (two) weeks;
- Prepare feedback on decisions of the Cabinet/Minister/MTEN Exco within 3 (three) days from receipt of instruction;
- Answer professionally all enquiries relating to social services sector and solve problems soonest possible accurately, clearly and cordially; and
- Prepare reviews and opinions relating to applications to implement projects in the social services sector to EPU management and informing applicants within 1 (one) month after receipt of written proposal or reports received from companies/consortiums.
We are ready to accept constructive opinions from our clients for mutual benefit in providing organised and systematic services.