The Government on 17 September 2021 has agreed to retain the Economic Action Council (EAC) as the highest economic advisory body to the Government.
The EAC plays a role to:
- As a partnership platform between the public and private sectors on current economic policies and strategies;
- Enhance the involvement of the private sector and industry in development planning through systematic engagement sessions with various stakeholders such as corporate leaders, economists, local and foreign investors, small and medium enterprises, academicians as well as representatives of the economic sector;
- Strengthen the country's economic resilience by addressing economic vulnerability among low income households and micro, small and medium industry players;
- Enhance the competitiveness and quality of the business environment to strengthen Malaysia's position as a major investment destination;
- As a platform to address economic issues and challenges of a structural nature and in the medium and long term;
- As a discussion platform on high impact socioeconomic development projects; and
- Increase the level of confidence of the people, industry and investors in the Government through extensive governance.
The EAC Secretariat is led by an Executive Director.
The EAC Secretariat is responsible for keeping records and documents of presentation materials, minutes and other materials relevant to EAC Meetings securely and systematically.
The EAC will also meet when required or directed by the YAB Chairman.
YAB Dato' Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob
Prime Minister (Chairman)
YB Dato' Seri Mohamed Azmin bin Ali
Senior Minister of International Trade and Industry
YB Senator Tengku Dato' Sri Zafrul Abdul Aziz
Minister of Finance
YB Dato' Sri Mustapa bin Mohamed
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Economy)
YBhg. Tan Sri Nor Shamsiah binti Mohd Yunus
Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia
YBhg. Prof. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Dr. Noor Azlan Ghazali
YBhg. Datu Hj. Abang Halmi bin Ikhwan
President of the Sarawak Bumiputera Entrepreneurs Council, representative of Sarawak
Encik Petrus Gimbad
Representative of Sabah>
Encik Shahril Sufian bin Hamdan
Director of Economy, Prime Minister’s Office
YBhg. Tan Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim
Chairman of Prasarana Malaysia Berhad (PRASARANA)
YBhg. Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar
Chairman of Bursa Malaysia
YBhg. Dato' Low Kian Chuan
Presiden The Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
Tuan Haji Abd Halim bin Husin
Presiden Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia (DPMM)
YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Soh Thian Lai
President of Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM)
YBhg. Datuk Dr. A. T. Kumararaja
Secretary General of Malaysia Associated Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (MAICCI)
YB Senator Datuk Seri Zurainah binti Musa
Executive Director of Berjaya Corporation Berhad
Encik Kamarulazman bin Muhamed
Founder & CEO of Aerodyne Group
- Ex-officio Members:
Secretary General of Treasury, Ministry of Finance; and
Director General of Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department.